What is SGH?
SGH (Super Global High School) is a new program started in 2014 by the Ministry of Education, Culture, Sports, Science and Technology. The purpose of this project is "to take into account the current situation where globalization is accelerating rapidly, to foster a global leaders who have not only a deep interest in culture and passion for social issues but also hone communication skills and international sophistication such as problem solving skills, furthermore who can be internationally active in the future from the high school stage.”
Framework of research and development
The name of research and development
“Aim to achieve ‘peace and prosperity’ throughout the world, the development of human resources by reaching out to the world from Nagasaki”
Objectives and goals of research and development
In addition to the long history of exchange with oversees nations and the recovery from the atomic bomb disaster, Nagasaki possesses the educational resources such as facilities, organizations and companies that have made a great deal of efforts in pioneering medical research and environmental conservation. In utilizing the educational resources possessed by Nagasaki, students will challenge the activities by considering ways to achieve world peace and global development. The following are the qualities and abilities required for global leaders.
- The spirit to aspire for peace in the world while trying to contribute to the sustainable development of mankind.
- The attitude of trying to understand a wide range of cross-cultural differences combined with a deep knowledge of Japan.
- The power to act towards a resolution by capturing the global challenges as their own.
- Leadership and fellowship that includes a sense of responsibility and coordination.
- The ability to convey their thoughts effectively to people around the world.
Overview of research and development
The following research and development set standards in order to foster the qualities and abilities of the above 1 ~ 5.
- The research and program unit Ⅰ･･ program development to discuss the global challenges from the perspective of Nagasaki
- The research and program unit Ⅱ ･･ program development for the group based learning
- The research and program unit Ⅲ ･･ program development to foster communication skills and the ability to convey information
- The research and program unit Ⅳ •• program development to practice the lessons that incorporate active learning
- The research and program unit Ⅴ ･･ program development to improve communication ability in the English language
- Nagasaki University
Multicultural Department of Sociology, Faculty of Education, Faculty of Economics, School of Medicine, School of Dentistry, School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Faculty of Engineering, Faculty of Environmental Sciences, Faculty of Fisheries, Center for Language Studies, Research Center for Nuclear Weapons Abolition (RECNA), the Institute of Tropical Medicine, Center for Educational Innovation, Center for Regional Educational Partnerships
- the University of British Columbia
Companies and institutions
- Huis Ten Bosch Co., Ltd.
- Kyowa Machinery & Electric Industry Co., Ltd.
- Nagasaki Atomic Bomb Museum
- JICA Viet Nam Office